Strange Sounds and a Homes Air Conditioning in New Haven IN System
A loud Air Conditioning in New Haven IN system can be quite a nuisance; however, many homeowners believe that these sounds are just a part of how the unit works. However, strange and loud sounds should not be ignored. In most cases, it signifies an issue with the unit. The problem may be big and easily fixed; however, the issue may be bigger, and require the help of a professional. Getting to know more about AC system sounds will help ensure that repairs are sought in a timely manner.
Where is the Noise Coming From?
One of the first things a homeowner should do is try to figure out what part of the Air Conditioning in New Haven IN is making the strange or unusual sound. The majority of noises will come from the air handler, ductwork or the outdoor compressor unit.
AC Compressor Sounds
This is the part of the AC system that sits outside. The compressor is responsible for cooling the air and sending it throughout the house. Some of the issues that may arise include:
• Screeching: A serious problem and repairs should be called for right away.
• Humming: The motor may not be starting properly or it is slowing down.
• Hissing: Signs of a refrigerant leak.
• Clanking: Signs the compressor is loose.
• Buzzing: There is a burned contactor or bad connection.
• Banging: Typically a loose piston pin, crankshaft or connecting rod.
Sounds in the Ductwork
The ductwork is responsible for carrying air throughout the home. However, it will also carry sound. If the air ducts have begun producing strange or loud sounds, there may be a number of issues present.
• Buzzing: Indicates that animals may be in the duct system.
• Rattling: A bad fan or blower.
• Whistling: The ductwork is contracting as the air moves through it.
• Hissing: A leak that is letting the air out of the ducts.
A homeowner should not ignore strange or loud sounds coming from their air conditioner. As time passes, the issue is only going to get worse and more expensive to repair. More information about these issues can be found by taking some time to Click Here.